Growth & Inspiration
A Season for Everything – Even Endings
In our business and our life, the tomorrow that we desire may never come to pass if we do not end some things we are doing today. We get it – even the thought of endings gives you a pit in your stomach, but is that pit conviction from the Lord?
Whether it is an end to your past ways of making business decisions or even parting ways with with an employee, there are endings that are inevitable and necessary for the growth of your business, your organization’s culture, and even your own faith.
What does God have to say about necessary endings?
You can reference Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 for the full scripture.
- There is a season for everything. Seasons come to an end whether you want them to or not.
- Endings are a requirement for living and thriving.
- Some endings are not a natural step but just as necessary.
- Discomfort isn’t a reason to delay God’s purpose for your business or your people.
- These endings take courage and obedience.
- Remember when you were obedient to God’s call for you to be a leader? Just as it was then, His strength is always with you. Use it.
In pursuit of God’s voice, Gabe Lopez, CEO of Brave Haus, (see Brave People film here) boldly stepped into some necessary endings that transformed his company for not only the better, but for God’s best.
Your challenge for the week is to reflect on if there are any necessary endings you’ve been avoiding.
Ask yourself: How can I face those endings? And more importantly, how is God asking you to face them?